Since the close of our FY2018 fiscal year in at the end of July, we have been working hard to complete our FY2018 Annual Report. Now, we are very happy to announce it is here and ready to share with all of our supporters, and with the general public. You can find our Annual Report online at this link.
Here are some highlights on our program impact from the Annual Report:
- Delivered 18 weekly Farm-to-School programs, serving 1,200 students across 6 schools
- Students demonstrated increases in preferences for eating fruits and vegetables at school AND at home
- Students demonstrated increased willingness to try new foods
- In-school program students demonstrated increases in science-based content knowledge
- Engaged 80 Green Heart Buddies as adult mentors for our students
- Hired 13 program managers to deliver lessons
- Brought on 5 public health interns from College of Charleston
- Engaged 72 parent volunteers
- Received critical physical contributions from 275 garden volunteers
- Held 75 “crop mob” events to beautify our gardens
- Harvested 2,100 lbs of fruit and vegetable produce from our gardens
- In partnership with school cafeteria managers, prepared 2,252 cafeteria servings at school lunches
Check out our full Annual Report to find out more about what we accomplished this past year. Many thanks to our students, our volunteers, and our donors and sponsors for making this year a success! We look forward to continue growing with you all in the year ahead, and for many years to come.