TODAY’S LESSON- 5 Finger Meditation and Green Heart Gratitude
LESSON CONTENT- In today’s lesson, we will join Green Heart Intern Carter for a practice of mindfulness, meditation, breathing and Green Heart gratitude.
In this lesson, students will:
- Define mindfulness and meditation and understand how to use these two techniques to calm down and practice self-control
- Learn about the importance of deep breathes as a way to promote health and increase focus
- Practice “5 Finger Meditation,” which is a technique to control breathing, calm down and reset
- Connect their breathing practice to plant “breathing”(photosynthesis) that happens in our gardens
- Define gratitude and identify 5 things that they are grateful for
MATERIALS- For this lesson, you will need:
- A device to watch the meditation video
- Your body, a focused mind and a comfortable place to sit down
Focus, relax and enjoy!